Over my decades of providing organizational analyses, business consulting, staff development training, teambuilding training, executive coaching, and psychotherapy for unhappy workers and managers, I have found that three factors seem to most determine the difference between productive, healthy, loyal employees and disgruntled ones:
- Mission (their lived mission not necessarily what their mission statement says it is)
- Decision-Making Mechanisms
- Staff Development Strategy
|Employees are… ⇒||Productive, Loyal, Integrity-Centered||Disgruntled, Disloyal, Integrity Impaired|
|Mission||Profitably providing socially responsible products/services in socially responsible ways.||Socially irresponsible products/services. ("If my company screws society why should I care if I screw my company?")|
|Decision-Making||Uses synergy to generate principle-centered decisions, and engages in ethical marketing practices.||Inconsistent or coercive. ("If my company is not principled, why should I deal with my company in a principled way?")|
|Staff Development||Includes ‘soft’ skills that encourage employees being more passion-driven with their job, increase their synergy-competence with their team, and equip them to maintain work-life balance and sustainable happiness.||Unconcerned about employees being passion-driven, maintaining work-life balance, or creating sustainable happiness. ("If my company doesn’t care about me being passionate about my work or balanced in my life, why should I be passionate about how I do my job?")|
I predict that during the second decade of the twenty-first century the most sustainably profitable businesses will be those doing the best job of…
- Modeling truly social responsible profitability (socially responsible goods and services provided by people who are being treated in socially responsible ways and being distributed by socially responsible methods)
- Marketing to consumers through providing informed consent rather than manipulating them through manufacturing consent.
- Supporting employees and the public in reclaiming sustainable happiness
I further predict that those companies doing the best job in these three areas will have the highest rates of employee productivity, health and loyalty.
To arrange for me to speak, train or consult for your business organization or individual company (or nonprofit or government agency) on "Creating Sustainable Profitability by Bringing Out the Best in Your Employees," click HERE.